Most Southern Yellow Pine is sourced from sustainable, privately owned family forests in rural communities across the U.S. South. Using the best scientific forest management practices, Southern families manage their land for clean water, wildlife habitat, recreation and wood products. Southern Pine producers may offer certified products under one or more of the following programmes.
- American Tree Farm System® (ATFS®)
- Canadian Standards Association® (CSA®)
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®)
- International Organization for Standardization® (ISO®)
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification® (PEFC®)
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®)